• we stumbled upon the crystal and fossil museum in fort William on our way to mallaig and could not resist taking a peek ...
• some large specimens of selenite crystals
• some truly magnificent crystal specimens on display ... Rose quartz, rock crystal , amethyst, desert Rose in XL size
• Maya was particularly taken with the bismuth crystals / metal
• crystals that glow in the dark
here displayed under Uv light
• without the uv light :)
• a T-Rex head fossil
• the fierce sabre tooth tiger one of Maya's favourite animals ..
• beautiful hand painted illustrations around all the galleries
• the crystals were beautifully displayed with lots of them available for hands on handling .. and such friendly people .. really stood out .. Maya fell in love with a tigers eye crystal but it was only available as an earring ... so the lady split the pair of earrings ... added a fixing to turn it into a pendant all there and then ... Maya was sooo happy :)