• one a working watermill producing wheatflour, today the big wheel lays silent while the water rushes by
• many of the original parts of Shalford Mill are still intact and we got to have a go at many wheels, pulleys and trapdoors the miller would have used in it's daily walkabouts
• a painting of how the water mill would have looked in it's heyday
.• a replica small grindstone and some wheat were accessible to try out ... turning the stones produced a grinding action that would grind the flour
• a full hessian sack of ground flour ready to be returned by the miller to the farmer
• a game of rope rings to finish off an enjoyable visit ...