walking down to the river for a much needed cool down swim
• there is something about wild swimming that is quite magical ... the trees reflecting themselves in the water , the breeze gently motioning the water to and fro and our big toes breaking patterns and creating ripples as we play ...
• catching shadows
maya loves her net and catching all manners if creatures great and small for closer observation .. we spotted some beautiful butterflies in our path and had the chance to look at chirping crickets close up
• yeah ... rope-swing over the river
• i always love maya's exuberant spirit, at times it feels like she has been born into the water and accidentally ended up on earth .. she once shared with me what it feels like for her to be submerged in water " mama, only here can I feel my whole body " ... made me think how tactile stimulation nourishes a soul and how she craves touch and skin pressure that she can feel .. I wonder whether it makes her body REAL somehow ...
• making homemade bath bombs
• maya got a chance to try out making homemade bath bombs, which had been on her wish-list for a while ... using recycled film canisters and various kitchen cupboard chemicals she soon smelled of luscious lavender .. :)
• the finished bath bombs ready for drying
• the afternoon started with a wild food walk
• we enjoy gathering wild food and love learning more about it as we meet other wild food enthusiasts who are willing to share their favourite seasonal wild food finds ..
• taking a closer look at the hemlock family, some parts of which are edible and some lookalikes which are poisonous
• after a busy day off to a boat trip on the river with our new friends from Scotland
... more later
milliande and maya